Thailand Yachting Conference 2024: Presentations Online
The Thailand Yachting Conference 2024 (TYC) held on 10th January at the White House, Phuket Boat Lagoon, had something for everyone. Speaker presentations are now online on the Conference website at Click here to get access to all presentation from the Thailand Yachting Conference 2024
The day-long conference kept the 60+ delegates engaged and informed, and provided a valuable opportunity for participants to discuss important issues facing the boating community in Thailand, and update participants on advancements taking place in the Southeast Asia region. Twenty-two industry experts participated in nine sessions. The morning started with five speakers who focused on specific areas that included immigration policies and procedures, cruising regulations, marinas and marine infrastructure, shipyards and refit facilities, yachting regattas, festivals, and events.
The Speaker Presentations are now available at the following link
The speaker presentations include:
- Matthew Na Nagara, (Port Takola Marina) who presented some interesting facts and figures on the Andaman Sea
- Ditapong Thitadilok, (Premier Shipyard), provided an update on marinas and shipyards, along with superyacht capacity and facilities in the Phuket, Krabi, Trang and Saturn regions.
- Scott Finsten, (Ocean Marina Jomtien), introduced the cruising destinations in the Gulf of Thailand.
- Alvin Teh presented Malaysia’s boating infrastructure and immigration updates. (MY Yacht Support Services, and President of the Association of Marine Industries Malaysia.)
- Simon James, (Regattas Asia), talked about the importance of sailing and how major regattas promote the region to both the domestic and international sailing communities
The morning session was followed by a networking lunch sponsored by NH Boat Lagoon Phuket Resort, and the afternoon sessions consisted of four panel discussions that focused on superyachts, charter, yacht management and safety, and sustainable technology.
Conference Producer Wade Pearce, Founder of the Thai Marine Guide and Singapore Marine Guide said, “we are extremely grateful to the speakers and panellists who represented the various sectors within the yachting industry in Thailand and the surrounding SEA region. The impressive line-up of local and regional industry experts meant delegates received the latest information on local boating regulations and marine infrastructure that is coming online. Thailand is a key boating destination in SEA, with its beautiful cruising grounds, quality service, and experienced industry professionals.”
Suzy Rayment, Executive Director of the Asia-Pacific Superyacht Association who were a Supporting Partner for the conference added, “We were pleased with the positive feedback from participants, who said that the Thailand Yachting Conference provided the industry with a great opportunity for attendees to gain a better understanding of the current state of the yachting industry in Thailand. It also provided an enjoyable opportunity to network with other boating professionals in the region – and another positive is the growing number of women who are now working in the marine industry.”
Thanks go to the Host Sponsors: Phuket Boat Lagoon, NH Boat Lagoon Phuket Resort; Conference Sponsors SG Marine Guide, Thai Marine Guide, Association of Marine Industries Malaysia (AMIM), MY Yacht Support Services, UX Marine, Sevenstar Yacht Transport; and our Supporting Partners Asia-Pacific Superyacht Association and the Thai Yachting Business Association.