Founded in 2007, MegayachtNews.com is the first, and only, independent website devoted to educating American luxury yacht owners and buyers. It publishes all-original content - real stories of real interest - with articles that focus on the leading builders, designers, marinas, and cruising destinations.
Editor and Founder Diane Byrne has been covering megayachts since 1993, and is closely involved with the leading professional organizations not just in the yachting field, but also in journalism and entrepreneurship including:
- The International Superyacht Society. A member since 1995, Diane was also a member of the Board of Directors from 2010 to 2018, additionally serving as Secretary and Vice President during that time.
- S. Superyacht Association. A member since its founding in 2005, serving as Chair or co-Chair of its annual Superyacht Summit since 2015, and becoming Vice Chair of the Board of Directors in 2017.
- New Jersey Association of Women Business Owners. Member since 2012.
- Sempre Avanti, a non-profit organisation dedicated to promoting and supporting Italian businesses and individuals in the USA as well as in Italy. Diane has been a Partner since 2017 and became a Trustee in 2018, collaborating closely with the Executive Director.
- Recently MegayachtNews.com has become a Supporting Organization for She of the Sea, an international initiative to promote diversity and inclusiveness in yachting. Specifically, She of the Sea connects and empowers women working in yachting, as well as those who support them, to cultivate equality, realise potential, and celebrate diversity.