Guangzhou Nansha International Sailing Regatta, VOR 2017/18 - Guangzhou Stopover Countdown & Yacht CN 2017, to be held @ Nansha Marina this July!
Volvo Ocean Race 2017/18 - Guangzhou Stopover was successfully launched at China’s biggest international Boat Show in Shanghai from 26th to 29th April, 2017. The activation in Shanghai was highly rated by visitors and guests of the show, also received good feedback from media representatives and was widely supported by the industry players. This initial activation has paved the way for industry players to show how they could play a role in the many events that are running up to the arrival of the Volvo Ocean Race 2017/18’s yachts. It also promoted the running up events to the public and media.
Having all said and done for initial activation at the Shanghai Boat Show, the Stopover Organizer - Guangzhou City Government will be launching its next anchor event at the host port, Nansha Marina, in the run up. The inaugural Guangzhou Nansha International Sailing Regatta in conjunction with the countdown to Volvo Ocean Race 2017/18 - Guangzhou Stopover and Yacht CN 2017 will be held from 28th to 30th July, 2017.
In line with promoting the sport of sailing to Guangzhou, as well as promoting the historical and cultural links of the Ancient Maritime Silk Road, the GZ Nansha International Sailing Regatta is sanctioned by the Asian Sailing Associations & Federations and supported by the Chinese Yachting Association. The races will be conducted off the water of Nansha Marina and participating teams/yachts will come from a number of Asian countries on invitational basis. Notice of Race & invitation letters have all been disseminated and the Organizer looks forward to a strong participation of the event from Asian countries.
The plan is to have as many races as possible over the 3 days. The teams/yachts will complete for the title to the “Silk Route Cup”. The final list of participating national teams will be announced in our next news updates.
In conjunction to the Sailing Regatta, the countdown to Volvo Ocean Race 2017/18 - Guangzhou Stopover will also be launched on the 28th July alongside a 3 days’ boat show, Yacht CN 2017.
Numerous activities are planned over the 3 days following the official opening ceremony and unveiling of the VOR Iconic Countdown Tower, to mark the counting down to Volvo Ocean Race 2017/18 - Guangzhou Stopover. These activities include:
- Guangzhou Nansha International Sailing Regatta - Official Opening Ceremony (by invitation only)
- Countdown to Volvo Ocean Race 2017/18 – Unveiling Ceremony.
- Boats for charter, to view the Guangzhou Nansha International Sailing Regatta on water.
- Boat Show, both sail and power yachts on display.
- Optimist sailing performance on water.
- Flyboard performance on water by “Nextwave”.
- On water activities by Decathlon (China) Group
- Volvo Ocean Race – exhibition
- Sailing Forum
- Site Entertainment & Performances
- Art exhibition
- Luxury Cars & life-style products on display
- Sailors Night (by invitation only)
- Awards Presentation Night (by invitation only)
In running up to Volvo Ocean Race 2017/18 - Guangzhou Stopover, more events are coming our way in the second half of 2017.
- Nothing is more exciting than to view the START of the Volvo Ocean Race 2017/18 live in Alicante, Spain in Oct 2017
- The Press & Media Night for an update of the Volvo Ocean Race 2017/18 in Dec 2017
For more details on the Guangzhou International Sailing Regatta and VOR 2017/18 - Guangzhou Stopover, you are welcome to visit our official website www.vor-guangzhou.com.