Simpson Marine Partners with Galileo Maritime Academy
Simpson Marine has always worked with the world’s leading sailing brands to bring our clients the best range of yachts and services on the market. We prioritise the value of skilled crew, so we are now partnering with Galileo Maritime Academy to give people the best maritime training services and deliver on all crew and training needs.
Galileo is the Asia Pacific region’s leading MCA-accredited maritime training centre for professional seafarers. Based in Phuket near the airport and Simpson Marine’s local office, its facility also caters for the cruise, merchant shipping and offshore oil and gas industries. Galileo is MCA-certified for 20 basic and advanced STCW courses and a range of proprietary options, and its expert team specialises in training professional superyacht crew. There’s a course to suit everyone, from new industry entrants to people advancing their careers or updating their existing certifications. The academy’s facilities include:
- Student residence, training rooms and recreation room.
- School of marine engineering
- School of advanced fire-fighting
- Survival training pool and life rafts
- Medical training centre
- Training vessels and tenders
- Hospitality and culinary art training facilities
All facilities and vessels are designed to meet MCA, MNTB, IMO, ISPS, ISO, SOLAS and other flag state requirements.
A professional crew is vital for any aspect of yachting. We aim to work with and supply crew members who offer the highest levels of competency, attention to detail, etiquette and service to exceed client expectations. By partnering with Galileo Maritime Academy, Simpson Marine can now offer its clients the option of tailored crew training at Galileo’s impressive facility.
Training programmes are designed for all levels of crew and will prepare participants to deliver the best yachting experience in Asia. Training options include:
- Premium crew service skills: Highly trained crew will offer a sense of security, confidence and peace of mind that will allow yacht owners and their guests to enjoy the best-possible sailing experience.
- Refreshed vessel control and seamanship skills. These are custom-tailored to crew and vessel requirements and give yacht owners and guests peace of mind that they’re in the safest hands.
- Improved maintenance programmes. Having a crew trained to carry out preventative maintenance programmes and ongoing maintenance is a good way to keep up the value and condition of your yacht so you can enjoy it at all times.
- Crew loyalty and risk management. Investing in your crew builds loyalty and avoids staff turnover, and is one of the most effective ways to manage the risks associated with yacht ownership.
- Increased environmental awareness. Ensuring the needs of your yacht and crew are balanced with ever-important environmental considerations are an essential part of yacht management, care and ownership.
To learn more about the yacht training programme and partnership with Galileo Maritime Academy, or to request a consultation with one of our training professionals, please contact one of our team members in your country or email our headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.